Empowering Women Through Wellness
Balanced hormones, Balanced life From puberty through menopause, women cope with many ups and downs, many of which can be avoided or resolved with Naturopathic medicine. Every woman deserves to take some time out for personal self-care.
Individualized Naturopathic medical advice is provided for a variety of women’s health-related topics:
- PMS and Menstrual Irregularity
- Painful Periods and associated gynecological conditions
- Interstitial Cystitis and Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Natural Thyroid Management
- Menopausal symptoms
- Mood improvement
- Fertility optimization
- Radiant skin from the inside out
- Autoimmune conditions
- Gynecological screening including in-office Pap testing.
A Gentler Approach to Pediatric Care
Well-child visits are offered from the neo-natal to teenage years to thoroughly evaluate your child’s overall health and provide education on what milestones to expect next. Children’s strong constitutions respond remarkably quickly to natural therapies. A naturopathic approach can be a gentler alternative to conventional medical treatment.
Naturopathic pediatric care encompasses the following:
- Growth and milestone tracking
- Behavioural issues: ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Mood disorders: Anxiety, Depression
- Respiratory conditions: Asthma, Sinus congestion
- Immune boosting: cold and flu prevention and treatment
- Skin concerns: eczema, rashes, acne
- Digestive disturbances: spitting up, abdominal pain, stool changes
- Sleeping soundly: Sleep options and assistance
- Vaccination education
- And more!
Ease Your Aches and Pains
Alternative pain management options Manage musculoskeletal inflammation, a common cause of pain, and reduce your reliance on analgesic medications. Natural alternatives include botanical therapy, cold low-intensity laser treatment, acupuncture and diet modifications.
Common conditions that lend themselves to natural pain management include:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Headaches and migraines
- Degenerative disc disease and sciatica
- Joint pain: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Post-surgical scarring and rehabilitation
- Muscular pains
- Gout flare-ups
Banish Bloating and Stay Regular
Resolution of digestive discomfort and gut healing A healthy, well-functioning digestive tract is the foundation of feeling well. Since food is our energy source, difficulty absorbing nutrients and inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract can impact the function of the whole body.
Restoring integrity to the digestive tract and removing triggers may resolve the following:
- Heartburn, Indigestion, Ulcers
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s and Colitis)
- Gas and Bloating
- Appetite changes
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Abdominal pain and cramping
Food sensitivity, IgG food sensitivity, SIBO, and Celiac testing is available at the OIHC.
Transition smoothly, remain active, get energized. Whether it be striving to regain the energy levels of your youth, increasing activity levels or improving quality of life in order to fully enjoy retirement, naturopathic medical services can keep you Boomers in your prime!
Common aging-concerns related concerns:
- Osteoporosis prevention and management
- Pain management
- Weight loss and gain
- Holistic mental health
- Libido lows
- Immune support
- Cardiovascular risk reduction
- Alternative approaches to blood sugar stabilization
- Stress management
Dreaming for Sleep?
Ideally, it should take less than 15 minutes to doze off once our heads hit the pillow. Multiple factors contribute to difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep and feeling rested on awakening. A complete health assessment helps to identify the cause in order to get you back on a circadian rhythm that works for you.
Boost your energy and calm your nervous system with quality sleep:
- Sleep apnea treatment options
- Shift work management
- Night time waking
- Sleep-onset insomnia
- Stress management